Spray Back

The wind was blowing so hard that the spray was blown back out into the ocean.

Specific Feedback Requested

Should I blur out the shells and rocks in the foreground?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
1/800 sec at f 7.1; ISO 100; Cropped, not further editing.

2 Likes

Very pleasing warm light tones. I like the balance between the blue water and the warm reflective sands.

Beautiful! The warm glow of the wet sand and sky is a counterpoint to the chilly wind feel invoked by the spray.

The shells are fine.

My only thought is to pull the bottom frame up to a point where the waterline intersects the corner of the frame to give the sky more space. But then, I prefer a more horizontal framing, so it’s purely an individual liking.

I had a similar thought - too much sand - but wasn’t sure where to cut it off. Thanks!

A fine scene, with great colors.
The shells and rocks are good as presented, for me. No need to blur. I agree with @paul_g_wiegman that there might be a bit too much sand, but I don’t agree with his suggestion to crop at the waterline. I would prefer to crop somewhere halfway the waterline and your current lower frame edge. Maybe clone out a single, larger shell/rock?
Something like this.

thank you for your input, I like it better this way!

Anita, I really like the big arc of water and all of the waves with their tops blowing back out to sea. How you frame a view like this depends on what you’re trying to show. You could emphasize the wave by moving closer to the water and letting the water get almost to the left edge. I like your mix here showing the wet sand, the many waves, the rocky peninsula and the lovely sky. It’s a great seashore scene. Han’s crop looks good also as it adds some emphasis to the breaking waves without removing the rest of the scene. The rocks on the beach all look fine to me.

yes, I want to focus on the waves… thanks for the feedback