Spray

Specific Feedback Requested

All comments are welcome.

Technical Details

1/1600 sec f/7.1 ISO 100

1 Like

Love this photo! The texture is amazing. Well done!

Great inner glow here. Really showcases that aquamarine quality. Feels a bit too crunchy in texture, IMO, but the focus is dead on and I like the limited aspect view with the sunlight smack in the middle.

@Kris_Smith @scott_fenton Thanks for the comments. I like the detail for most of it but I’ve been meaning to go back and keep the white water a bit softer.

Beautiful light and texture Andre. Really caught my eye. I like these kinds of wave shots, with translucent green water.

Very nice shot. I enjoy shooting waves, I find myself getting lost shooting them for hours. The light and composition are very nice. I agree with Kristen the white water and water droplets are too crunchy. Are you using clarity to get that effect?

@Mark_Muller @brett_joslin Thanks for the comments. I had a look back at the RAW file and much to my surprise the crunchiness is there already. I’m guessing it’s a function of the focus plane being more on the small bits of spray, the shallow DOF, and maybe I needed a faster SS.
I didn’t add an clarity or texture in the LR edit. I’ll have a look at the PSD later to what else I might have added but you can see it in the RAW already.

RAW

@AndreDonawa I see what your saying. The raw seems a little less crunchy but not by much. I wonder if it’s happening almost like an artifact cause by a process or tool. Still a nice shot either way.

1 Like