Wave splash

What technical feedback would you like if any?

any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Not sure if qualifies for macro. I was about 6 feet away from wave as hit rocks. I just clicked on middle of it. If it does not fit here please post in appropriate critique. 7DII; 70/200 at 140; spot; 1/3200th; 400 ISO

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Jim, I’m okay with it in macro, I think it fits. By zooming in to it as you did, and taking it at 1/3200, stopping the action, it makes it a very intriguing image. I wouldn’t have known what this was if you hadn’t told us. Very creative. I like the abstract it makes, with the lines, shapes, and tones. This sure would make one puzzle! At times, I feel like I am looking down from above at some rough terrain, and then I remember what it really is, and start trying to find bubbles and water splashing. Very interesting, and very creative.

Thank you, Shirley. I think the blue must come from a few small patches of blue sky; the white is foam, I think, and the sort of greenish, tanish whatever colors they are, probably comes from phytoplankton in the water. Many times it appears as if there has been a heavy oil or diesel spill, and sometimes people mistake it for a spill. They are living creatures that provide nutrients for whales, clams, shrimp and other sea life, although they can, for a short time, make a bit of a mess on the beach.

Jim, this is a very interesting image. Like Shirley, I couldn’t figure it out until I read the title. I love the patterns and colors here. If I’m really looking for a critique, I could see cropping some off the right to minimize the area of finer spray in the upper right, as that is less interesting than the rest, but this is great as presented.

Jim, this detailed look at a wave splash makes an intriguing abstract. The diagonal brighter urc to darker llc works well. The tan and blue tones add interest.

Jim,

Wow, this is wild and crazy! What a fabulous abstract! I was kinda thinking water, but I’m like the rest - without any comments I’d be hard pressed to figure out what this is.

No nits or suggestions from me. I like this just as presented.

Did you get wet? :laughing: :wink:

Thank you for the nice comments. And, yes, I did get wet but not from the wave. There is usually a bit of rain and wind there and that day was no exception.

Jim: After reading your description my first thought was to wonder how much of the wave you wore. Apparently you escaped unscathed. I’ve not been so lucky on a few occasions :flushed:. Anyway, with regard to the image I’m OK with it here and am enjoying it very much. A good idea carried off really well. >=))>