Beach Wave

What technical feedback would you like if any?

any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

I am really liking the layering from top to bottom along with the color and shapes. The white area (kind of V shaped) at the top is throwing me off and I would be inclined to crop down to eliminate it. Otherwise, a real nice kind of abstract image.

Jim,

The power of the ocean and it’s waves… beautifully captured. I like how you’ve zoomed in a bit to make this just about the wave.

I might agree with Harley on the top, but that’s quite minor. If anything, I might be inclined to clone or otherwise deal with the white inthe LLC. That also no biggied. Perhaps back off on blue saturation - although it’s not a significant element in the image.

Lon

Jim: I like the comp and the timing on this especially along with the color in the water. Very nicely done.>=))>

Jim, this is a terrific capture of the power of a breaking wave. The clear green water at the top of the wave contrasts well with the blues lower down and in the swash. The breaking action at the top is an intriguing change of pace, with a nice sense of Impressionist painting. The bit of swash at the bottom adds a lot to the sense of power here.