Spring on Cattail pond #1

I have been enjoying the emergence of these small floating leaves (I believe that they are Water-shield, Brasenia schreberi) and their interaction with the reflected colors from a Maple tree at a local Wildlife refuge. Yesterday, the conditions were finally right to get some views showing the mix. This is a 10 shot stack for bottom to top sharpness in the floating leaves. The constant motion in the water means that there’s extra texture in the water from the stacking.

Wow, this is totally “Monet-isk” Mark. I love the impressionistic texture and reflections in the water. And the color palette of the reflections is quite calming. Wonderful photo.

Mark: Really good vision to see this and then to capture and present it so skillfully. Beautiful scene superbly rendered. >=))>

Very nice! I’m impressed on the 10-shot stack! The texture in the water is definitely Monet-ish.

Well found and captured! I like the painterly look of the reflections. And the 4 leaves that are still below water and how they add their touch of yellowish greens!

That is an impressive job of focus stacking, and it produced outstanding results. The texture and sharpness in the water creates a lot of impact. You must have had relatively calm water/wind to get a blend this good. I like the color palette a lot, and without the title, i would have swore this was from autumn. This is a very pleasing image Mark, nice work.

To me this looks like the last vestiges of autumn instead of spring with all of the reflected gold colors. I agree with Linda about this looking very Monet like. The focus stacking turned out really nice and actually might have contributed to the Monet like look to this image. Well seen and captured. There is just one very small nit and it has to do with the lily pads in the lower left corner that have a bright orange stems or some other debris in the water that pull the eye ever so slightly.