Springhouse at Cascade Springs Nature Preserve in Atlanta

There is just not enough time to do everything since we moved from Florida to the Atlanta area, but Atlanta is jam packed with jewels such as the Cascade Springs Nature Preserve, which is inside the Perimeter, and I’m slowly starting to visit them. Cascade Springs has a waterfall, and it also has trenches and other historic structures from the Civil War. This structure is a beautiful little springhouse.

This springhouse could be photographed from several different angles and many distances. I tried this angle and distance the other day and would like to know what you think about the angle and distance and also how to make this image better in general.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Anything and everything. I don’t have anything specific to ask.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Same as above.

Any pertinent technical details:

12:35 p.m., October 4, 2018 in forested area
Minimal rotation and cropping
1/13 at f/8, Aperture Priority
Focal length 65mm
ISO 800
Canon EOS 7D Mark II, EF S55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS

Thank you!

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

It is an interesting structure and I’d likely take photos of it given the opportunity.

As presented I don’t get any feel for the scale of the building, and I’m not sure how you would go about doing that without adding some known size object for reference.

I’d also try this in different light. In this image there isn’t a lot of separation of the building from the immediate surroundings. Perhaps that’s the point you are making, that it blends into the setting? I would probably go darker overall to bring down the brightness on the front of the structure.