Sprung Tulips

Any technical or artistic feedback is welcomed!

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Nikon D750, 24-120 f/4

24mm, f7.1, 1/320 sec, ISO 100
35% scaled .jpg

Handheld, crawling in the mud… Not my usual subject matter, but it was a lot of fun.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

@OregonSandRat

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Josh: Marvelous light and POV. Well worth the dirty knees and elbows IMO. Most excellent.>=))>

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words, Bill!

What we as photographers won’t do for a shot! Worth it though, Josh. I really like the lighting and the bug’s eye view.

1 Like

Unusual in the lighting and the perspective while shooting a large field of tulips. Nice to see someone thinking out of the box. Well done!

1 Like

A very interesting perspective, Josh. I like the lighting and the image is very dramatic.

1 Like

This is very theatrical. The comp and light are really beautiful.

1 Like

:joy: Thank you for confirming I’m not that crazy, @Shirley_Freeman. Or at least I’m the right crazy for being behind a camera.

I’d have way too many boxes and most definitely would forget which box it goes in. Thank you, @Patricia_Brundage!

Thank you, @Dennis_Plank! We left the house by 4a to get there for good light. I think we really lucked out.

Thank you, @Tony_Kuyper! I was worried I might have over worked it a touch.

I love this! It is both unusual and dramatic. Speaking metaphorically, it reminds me of the Rockettes, or Irish step dancing. Well worth the effort you put into it!

1 Like

Thanks, @Phil_Hodgkins! High kicking tulips… I like it.

I’m especially taken by the viewpoint in this one. nice colours and light.

Thank you, @Rob_Weir!