Star-spangled flower

It was a while since I poasted a macro image, so lets now do that!

Even if not perfect regarding sharpness, I have chosen this at least for me (not a botanist) somewhat special flower found during a walk close to my weekend cottage.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments are welcome!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

Ola, I am not familiar with this flower, but I am sure enjoying it. The repetition of patterns (even the little purple ones resembles the whole bloom in shape), the colors, all of it. I am not bothered at all with any out of focus in this image. You have what needs to be sharp. Others that do the stacking images may have got everything about the bloom in focus, but me being from the old school of one shot, I expect a bit of it to be out of focus. The square composition works very well in this shot. The background is nicely out of focus and supportive of the colors in the bloom. Very nice shot, in my opinion. So glad you posted this to macro.

1 Like

Ola, this is quite delightful. I love all of the shapes and colors. Looking at the larger version I found so much to enjoy. Like @Shirley_Freeman, I am not bothered at all about the parts that are a bit soft, for me, they emphasis the sharper more detail parts. Very nicely seen and captured.

2 Likes

@linda_mellor and @Shirley_Freeman thanks for your kind comments.

2 Likes

Ola: Really nice find and a fine capture. A touch more sharpness/DOF would suit me a little better but this still works very well for me as is. Well done. >=))>

@Bill_Fach , thanks for your kind response. Yes, I would have prefered som more sharpness/DOF but sometimes you do not do the right things in the field!

1 Like