Still Jinkin' + flip

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I’m still getting some good mileage out of my solitary tulip. I enjoy working with one subject in a controlled environment but I have to be in the right mood and I have to have the right light in the “studio”. I use a simple mat board as a background and the combination of natural window light and the LED lighting in the room lets me do this kind of stuff without a flash setup. I also applied a light vignette to soften the entrance of the leaves in the frame. All comments welcome. >=))>

Technical Details

Sony A7RIII
Sony FE 70-200 f2.8 GM-II
ISO 400, .6 sec @ f22

3 Likes

I really like this, Bill. The fadeouts at both ends look perfect. Have you tried flipping this horizontally?

Dennis: Good call. I posted it as shot but I’ve often flipped images to accommodate our cultural bias to viewing left to right. Thanks for the insight and idea. >=))>

I do like it better.

1 Like

Looks good and using natural light keeps that tulip from moving when flash is used. Dennis’s suggestion works for me and I prefer the repost over the original. Well done…Jim

Looks great! I love the detail, the high key and the way the leaves fade at the corner. I’m 50-50 about the flip but you could have a very interesting diptych here…