Stilt/Kildeer

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

I managed to get this Black-necked Stilt and a Kildeer peacefully coexisting. D500, Nikon 2-500 lens, 1/2000th, f/7.1, ISO 640, 500mm, cropped (lost track of the numbers), AI Clear, cloned out some junk in PS

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

A cool pairing and excellent detail in both birds, Dave. Since the heads of the two birds overlap in the reflection, I’d be tempted to get rid of it by cropping about the base of the stilt’s leg reflection (just remove the reflected bodies). I like the way it looks as if the Killdeer is looking at the Stilt.

Always a treat to have two species in one image. It’s fun to look at, it almost looks as if it’s two images. Interesting as well to see the size of a Killdeer when compared with the Stilt. I can understand Dennis’ suggestion, but I’d be tempted to leave the cut as it is. Cheers, Hans

The pairing and the fine reflections make a very interesting shot, Dave. I also like the swirls around the Stilt’s feet.