Stones in moss, or?

Late autumn I found these mushrooms in the moss when visiting the Söderåsen NP, Sweden. To me they looked like stones!

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments are welcome!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
f/14, 0.6 sec, ISO 200, Olympus macro 60 mm (120 mm equiv.), Olympus OM-D E-M1 camera (mft system), tripod, wire release

2 Likes

They do look like stones. I love the reflection of the trees and canopy in them. Was there much more moss surrounding them? Maybe a tiny bit more room, but this is pretty terrific. The edges look slightly curled up - looks like gills showing a little.

Ola, what a fine find, and great capture. I too thought it was stones before I opened it up and read your comments. The green moss surrounding them is a very nice plus. It frames them in nicely, and makes them stand out even more so. Very nice.

How interesting! I love the reflections of the trees on the their wet caps - that’s very cool.

@Shirley_Freeman, @Kris_Smith and @Bonnie_Lampley thanks for your kind comments.

Yes, there are more moss available. I will discuss with myself and eventually add some more space to the right.

1 Like

Ola: This is a great find and a fine capture. They do indeed look like wet stones. Most excellent. >=))>