Stop and look

Was exploring the Consolation lakes near Lake Louise and was amazed by the patterns and subtle colors of the lichens. I had hiked to the far end of the lakes and had the place to my self until close to lunch time when I was leaving. I end up here instead of the famous Moraine lake as there was almost no solitude to be found. For all the mountains surrounding me at the time, I chose this as one of my favorites.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

1 Like

What a great mosaic. Lichen has been my obsession this year, albeit on a much closer scale. I like how you’ve put this together. It’s hard with seemingly unending scenes like this. Terrific textures an colors. Lichens are amazing.

That is a heck of a lichen patch.

I would be curious to hear what you have to say about the work of other photographers here at NPN.

1 Like

Bryan, this is an outstanding patch of lichen in their multiple colors with just a few hints of rock showing. Well seen.

1 Like

These are mostly map lichens. You’ve nailed it, in focus across the range, and nice color.

1 Like

Beautiful, Bryan. You found an excellent patch of lichen and photographed it beautifully.

1 Like

I really enjoy images such as this and find it fun to just look at them and explore all of the details. Beautiful work!