Stranded

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Stranded but not forgotten, the kelp lies there as a natural keepsake from the sea, under the watchful eyes of time-sculpted rocks.

Specific Feedback

Any feedback welcome.

Technical Details

14 mm at ISO 100 and 1⁄40sec at ƒ/14

OMG – I think this is wonderful!!! The light triangle with the kelp pulls me right into the image! The rocks are wonderful and the sky is so lovely and soft. The ripples and reflection are so nice. And to go along with your dinosaur we now have a giant’s fist!! Wonderful tonalities and fantastically good!!

Thanks Diane! Glad you like it. I had this in an exhibition and so many people pointed out the fist which I never noticed, but which I cant help but see now that it has been pointed out. :pray:

Love this one Saundie. It’s amazing how much that bit of kelp adds to an already very good image. I love the way the lines lead into the image, and the sky has just the right amount of drama without overwhelming the show below. I too saw the curled fingers that give that rock a lot of character.

1 Like

The Tone !!! Beautiful photo. The ripples in the water. Really nice !!!

1 Like

Thanks Gill! :+1:

Thanks John! Now I see those curled fingers I don’t know how I missed them! :grinning:

Don , I had to make a haiku about this special image. I hope you like it.

Helpless on the beach
Still filled with too much power
Found a hand in stone

Ben

1 Like

Fantastic image. Noticed the fist immediately. Looks like a gorilla fist. The rock below has an animal face, perhaps a seal.

1 Like

Thanks Ben! Clever stuff! Like many I am sure, I had no idea what a haiku was thought I’d quote the definition for those interested. Another day, another lesson, thanks Ben!

The haiku is a Japanese poetic form that consists of three lines, with five syllables in the first line, seven in the second, and five in the third . The haiku developed from the hokku, the opening three lines of a longer poem known as a tanka. The haiku became a separate form of poetry in the 17th century.

Thanks Jim. A gorilla fist for sure! I can see a seal as well, someone said a shark breaching. Thanks for the feedback Jim! :pray:

Don , An image and a Haiku is a good combination to express your feeling about a situation in an image.

1 Like

I’ll give it a go, thanks Ben.