Tenacity

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I am fascinated by sea palms and how they survive constant buffeting by ocean waves.

Specific Feedback

I am interested in how you feel when you interact with this image.

Technical Details

ISO 100, F29, 1/4 second, CANON R5 100-500 lens at 428 mm

Dear Irene,
It’s a lovely image. I find it even more interesting personally, since I have an image of my own which reminds me of this one, essence-wise. But on mine the rock is a hill, and the algae is trees… with fog flowing around them. An entirely different scale.
I love how you managed to keep some of the algae sharp, while the exposure is long enough for getting the sense of flowing water.
One note regarding the shooting parameters - I wonder if with f/29 you still get sharp details (due to diffraction).
In any case, at its current size it looks wonderful.

This is a lovely image. You did a great job of capturing the scene at the peak moment, but also conveying motion. I can almost hear the roar of the ocean.

This is a great image! To me it looks other-worldly like a tropical island being swallowed by the sea - which led me to open it to read more.
The motion is captured great as well as the difficulty in life those plants lead.

Thank you, Daniel! That is definitely the look I was going for.
Irene

How I interact is momentarily holding my breath…. Not being from a coastal or tropical area, my first reaction is almost OMG those trees are getting wiped out! It’s an attention getter for sure! Very nice shot. You definitely captured a moment that not all of us get to see.

Thank you!