Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 10D
Tripod/Cable Release
ISO 100
F 4.5
1/10 sec.

1 Like

Beautiful image. You can really sense the freshness of the water. It’s a personal choice but I would warm it just a tad.

1 Like

Makes me want to be there Terry. This is personal preference but I would slow the shutter to maybe 1/5th to 1/2 of a second to blur the water that will allow you to retain some texture in the splashes to make this even more serene than it already is. It also looks like you have a couple of hot spots in the water that you may be able to recover and as @Igor_Doncov mentioned, I would warm it up ever so slightly.

1 Like

Thank you for your constructive comments!

1 Like

This is a beautiful scene Terry. The spotlighting in the stream is nice, but it makes for a tricky exposure as some of the highlights in the water are over exposed. The only work around is to shoot a darker exposure for the water and blend it with a second exposure for the rest of the scene.

These kinds of scenes are inherently busy. I think you did a good job overall of managing the business of the scene. The horizontal flow of the stream in the image provides a nice flow to the composition, but I don’t quite feel like my eye has a place to land as I follow the flow of the stream in the image. In other words you have used the stream as a leading line, but for that to be effective you need to have a strong subject at the apex or convergence of the lines. I feel like that is missing in your composition.

1 Like