Stretching

American Bittern (Botaurus lintiginosus), Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge, Washingon, USA

Not sure what he/she was looking at, but sure did stretch out.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments appreciated.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Fujifilm GFX 100, 250mm f/4 + 1.4 Ext, 1/200sec @ f/6.4, ISO 1250, beanbag on the car window.

1 Like

A good shot of the Bittern, David. I like the pose and the fact that it’s pretty much ignoring you. I think you might want to look at some means of getting just a bit more separation from the background, though these are very well camouflaged birds. Perhaps darken the background a trifle and/or brighten the bird just a bit.

Excellent detail and a nice pose. What struck me first about this image was how the bittern blended in so well with the background.

Thanks @Dennis_Plank and @Allen_Brooks for the comments. I appreciate them. Dennis, I sort of like this image because the Bittern is so well camouflaged. Kind of a “Where’s Waldo” thing. :slight_smile:

Nice to get this. I understand your POV on the camo.

Hi David
Nice find, the American Bittern is one of the better camouflaged birds out there. You did a good job with its’ coloring, eye contact and detail.
Peter

Very nice species to have out in the open like this. Even though it seems to look a bit away from the camera , the eye is still visible, which I like. Well done, Hans