Studio Paper Whites

What technical feedback would you like if any? I think that I nailed the lighting which produced soft shadows.

What artistic feedback would you like if any? This is a graphical composition with a black BG. Please comment.

Pertinent technical details or techniques: D500 200mm f4 micro (1/100 sec at f16, Iso 100) 5 flashes with plant placed in a softbox. One flash provided some rim lighting. 2 image stack combined with PMax, Levels, DeNoise AI, slight crop for comp. Our friends gave us this paper white plant and found it to be a suitable subject for soft box photography. The BG is a large piece of black velvet. This type of photography is suitable after getting home from work well after sundown.

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

@jameszablotny

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

On this winter day where there was snow, sleet, freezing rain and hail, this image gives hope for warmer days with beautiful flowers. Great dof and composition. The black background lets the viewer study each flower in detail without the surrounding background distraction. Well done.

1 Like

I think you managed the lighting well too, Jim. A beautiful flower and so well captured. The black velvet BG makes this Paper White really stand out. No nits here, for sure! :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Jim: Terrific studio portrait with superb lighting control and sharpness. Superbly crafted image.>=))>

1 Like