Sub-Adult Male Evening Grosbeak

Up in the mountains east of my home the migrating Evening Grosbeaks were showing up at a location where I like to photograph warblers, kinglets, etc. This cool looking guy posed on a branch with a nice background long enough to get a few frames. I enjoyed his coloration agains the varied colors in the background.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

OM Systems OM-1
300mm f/4 with 1.4x TC
1/800, f/5.6, ISO 640

Perfectly matching BG with wonderful sharpness and detail!

Nice and scruffy with that molt going on. The photo is sharpened adequately for viewing. The largest view is very impressive. This species is becoming rare in the Northeast United States and am glad that you got this youngster. Very nice image…Jim

Hi Keith, really nice colors which is great to see with the different shades of yellow on the bird. Fine details too. I also like the diagonal of the perch cutting through the lower part of the image. Background colors are quite complimentary. Nice frame.

I agree with everyone else. This is a lovely shot. I haven’t seen EG for serveral years in the Northeast. We’re still seeing the Rose Breasted Grosbeaks. Like the BG colors too. Good job, Keith.

Excellent detail and I like how the grosbeak fits in so well with the background.