Summer Days

One of my many Queen Anne’s lace shots with a bee from this past summer. I’m just going through them now and thought I’d post one as I have a little time.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D3400, ISO 200, 82mm, f/5.6, 1/1000
Slight crop, adjusted highlights, brightness, sharpened a little.

Nice one, Vanessa. I like the sliver of focus here with both foreground and background out of focus. Great shot of the little guy.

1 Like

Thanks @David_Bostock for looking and your comments! I know it’s not a true macro as the bee isn’t too prominent. But I’m glad you like it!

1 Like

Vanessa, I too like the sliver of focus you captured here, allowing the eye to go right to the bee. Nice angle of the flowers he is on too.

1 Like

Thanks for taking a look and your comments as always! I’m glad you like the focus and angle.

1 Like

Hi Vanessa, what a nice angle you chose to shoot this…the bee appears to be climbing a flower hill! I would typically try to get more of the bee in my viewfinder, but I kind of like your choice of showing the wide expanse of the flower in relation to the bee. Looking at the enlargement, he is nice and sharp too so a fine job all around.

That is a great angle Vanessa and I also love the soft focus with the sharp details around the bee. Great photo and love the details in the bee