Anything

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D3400
300mm
1/1600
f/6.3
ISO 800

Vanessa, an ordinary flower (dandelion) and an ordinary fly (hover fly), and you have a nice combo. I love the way you have the background out of focus, with just soft streaks of more dandelions. I would love a bit more details in the fly, but that might not have been possible with such a tiny subject using a telephoto lens. I like the presentation, very pleasing to the eye.

1 Like

Thanks, so much, Shirley! I got a lot of shots of him. Maybe I have one more sharp than this one. I’ll have to look. I just kind of liked his pose in this one! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wonderful capture, Vanessa. Looks like an airplane coming in for a landing. Nicely done.

1 Like

Thanks @linda_mellor ! Yeah, his wings do look like an airplanes! :grinning: Glad you like it!

1 Like

Great angle Vanessa I wonder how a portrait view would show the subject a little more focused from the viewer. I love the position as I said, well done

1 Like

Thanks, @Dean_Salman! Yeah I had tried cropping it vertically but I just wasn’t liking the way it looked. I think maybe because I don’t have enough of the flower stem in the frame. I think I might have one that could be better, I’ll have to go look. Thank you for your interest and feedback!