Summer in the woods

What makes this image expressive?

For me the light that is strong and enters into the image from the top right expresses the essence of a warm summer day

Specific Feedback Requested

All feed-back is very welcome

1 Like

Well, I think you pretty much nailed that feeling. When we consider the elements that make up a scene, we experience: Luminosity | Contrast | Colour | Atmosphere | Geometry

Each of them has attributes that change the way we feel, they shape our experience of a photograph.

Here, the warmth from the top right floods the scene, glowing, energising and radiant. We feel it, just as we feel the sun. It glows, it makes us feel alive.

The rest of the scene has fallen into a slightly more shaded and subdued mid tone, which helps to create a strong transition for the filtering light. The shadows are sooty and not too dark, so the contrast is also controlled and not overly done.

I like the fact this image isn’t trying tp hard to make a statement, it just is; refined, classy and complete.

Honestly, I think you’ve presented a beautiful and energising image that reminds me that despite the bugs and the tourists, summer isn’t too bad! :slight_smile:

Thanks for posting it, I have enjoyed my time with it.

1 Like

thank you so much for your feedback on my image. Very much appreciated!

1 Like

Thanks for that and your beautiful image.