Sun on the grass

I have no idea what this is? ID anyone? 2nd image is about 2% of full frame.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso 250, 560mm, f4, 2500th, A7R4 Very large crop.

second image to help with ID.
(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Great light, David. Nice environment and the bird( I think it’s a juvenile White-crowned Sparrow) is nicely framed and shows good detail. I’d lean towards the horizontal crop, as it removes the stuff in the vertical that tends to draw my eye.

Hi David, nice light and I like the overall scene here showing the environment. I like the first image best as I think image quality is taking a big hit on the second image with a big crop.

Lovely light. I find these shots irresistible to take even with all the bits and pieces in them. You could even look at a tight vertical crop to eliminate some of the vegetation.
My ID would be a Song Sparrow. The original is nicely framed. A bird in habitat for sure.

There must be over 20 different sparrow species. Of those, fewer than one quarter have orange beaks which rules out Song Sparrow. None of the images in several reference match. Jim Zablotny, do you know?

Perhaps we are looking at a Savannah Sparrow. Habitat would match.

Savannah sparrow makes sense and I concur with David’s ID. I like the first version which conveys the atmosphere of the scene. Lighting is nice and wish that the highlight on the beak was not as strong. Overall, I think that you handled the lighting quite well. Well done…Jim

Savannah Sparrow sounds goo to me. I have only seen a few and at my house. The second crop was only for ID purposes.

Hi Dzvid
I am so often temped to crop shots like this and with photo I would have been wrong. The spider web was the sell item. This is a very pretty nature photograph.
Peter