Sunset river

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Mavic 2 Pro + Nisi Landscape polarizer

1 Like

Quite nice. Don’t reckon I’d change a thing.

I love winter, I love sunrises, and I love UAV photography. All that is to say is that I love this image. No critiques here, either.

This reminds me of the Madison River in Yellowstone; @Mark_Seaver can probably relate. I think this is gorgeously processed. I really like how the warm tones are reflected in the still water.

Magnificent image. No further processing required.

This is just stunning Jorma. I would not change a thing.

I can only add to the accolades! I love the soft glow beneath the sun reaching down to the reflection!

Beautiful conditions to be shooting in. I love the warm, reflected light traveling down the river drawing the eye in to the scene.
Question: I have the same drone that you have and was wondering how long the battery lasts in the cold like this appears to be. In general I only get about 22 minutes with moderate 50-70 degree temperatures. Thanks for your help. Stunning image!

Thanks David for your nice feedback. I don’t really know how long batteries last in the really cold. I usually keep the batteries warm and they don’t get much cold during the flight. Below -20 degrees celsius hands freezes before the devices and a smart controller is a must-have accessory.
I almost always shoot 5 shots of bracketing and also the panorama because the post-processing result is much better than a single shot. This image is a two-shot vertical panorama with hdr prosessing in ARC

It doesn’t get much better than this, the composition is just perfect. I also like that this is a drone shot that looks more like a traditional landscape that might have been shot from a mountaintop, rather than a more abstract drone image taken from directly above at higher elevation.

Overall the processing is very well done. If this were mine, I’d be tempted to further emphasize the foreground ice shapes in the river by gently dodging the snowy ice, and burning down the snow on the riverbank to the left.

Thanks for your nice feedback Ed. I also thought of that snow area on left and its low contrast. There was quite a lot of work involved in making the color of the snow because it is in the shade. Mere shading may not help but need to add structure and contrast