Ta-Da!

The same Pied-billed Grebe I posted the other day. I really liked this pose, but in the original, I just barely clipped the tip of the primaries on the right side of the frame. I added canvas and tried to make the feather tips look natural-I’m not sure I succeeded. I really liked the different textures of feathers showing on the upper wings and tried to make sure they were emphasized.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

How do those feathers look on the right? Anything Else?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Does this crop work? It’s an unfortunately steep angle at Ridgefield and I tried to keep it from being too obvious.

Any pertinent technical details:

7DII, Sigma 150-600 C @ 403 mm, beanbag on car window, f/8, 1/800, iso 2000, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

I think you did an excellent job on the wingtips–much better than I’ve ever managed! Feather detail is great, and the water is very pretty. Although I’d prefer a lower angle, this image looks good to me. I do think you need a little clockwise rotation. I’d also clone out that little triangle of bright water right at the edge of the frame in the grebe’s reflection.

He is beautiful, Dennis. Great detail and you did a great job adding canvas, another area I need to learn more about.

Can’t tell you did anything… Cool pose.