Taking a snooze!

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

They were resting on a sandbar away from other gulls of the same species. Simple to shoot

Specific Feedback

Could the cropping be improved. Is the composition strong enough?

Technical Details

Not available at this moment.

I’m guessing from the heavy texture that this is a scan of an old film print, Bill. You’d probably get better results if you could locate the negative and get it converted, but barring that, this is pretty nice. My personal preference would be for a bit more room on both sides of the image-it just feels a bit cramped to me. Top and bottom look fine to me. The nice low shooting angle helps make this image work.

Dennis, I wasn’t thinking. I should have used a larger file. I submitted an iPhone file and that may be the problem. The photo itself is quite well resolved and is from an R5 shot, I believe.
Thanks for your input. Bill

Hi William, love the poses of both birds with the single legs supporting each and eye contact on both. Also nice that one is facing us and the other has a backwards glance toward us. The cropping is fine for my taste. Would love to see a repost of the full resolved image.

Great poses and nice to have the low angle. Agree with a tad more room on the sides.

HI William
Some tome Gulls will give you a most inserting photograph. Would like to see the R5 couple of the post.
Peter