Temagami Dawn 2

It is moments like that in this picture that remind me, not so much of why I’m alive as that I’m alive. It is the awareness that I am part of something so vast and exquisite that, like an aspen leaf, I can only tremble in the face of it. Obviously, such moments cannot be “captured”, but I have this compulsive need to try and share it with others. As much as I’d like my photography to be “cutting edge”, I keep finding myself drawn back to my inner 19th century Romantic. Ah well, surely there is something to be said for being a hopelessly romantic Romantic. As always I’d love to hear the extent to which you may have a feeling response to this picture.

Is this a composite: No

2 Likes

Give me 19th century romantic any time, Kerry. I love the peace and serenity here. Excellent image.

Consider me bowled over , Kerry.

Beautiful, Kerry! Wonderful scene, great mood, feel and light. An excellent dreamy image that conveys your emotions when creating it.

Soft and dreamy and just beautiful, Kerry! I can’t believe how still that water is. No wonder you were in awe while there.

Love the mood. Composition is spot on as well. Nice Kerry

Super dreamy. Almost feels conversational between this side of the lake and the other side of it. That lone tree anchors everything.

Reminded of Coleridge…
“In the open air
Our Myrtles blossom’d; and across the porch
Thick Jasmins twined: the little landscape round
Was green and woody, and refresh’d the eye.
It was a spot which you might aptly call
The Valley of Seclusion!”

Kerry,

Just a wonderful serene mood and the scene has very nice depth and balance! I wouldn’t change a thing on this one. Really outstanding work.

19th century romantic themes are always good. :slightly_smiling_face: This is just superb, and hopelessly romantic. Thank you for “capturing” the moment and sharing it with us.

It is indeed a Romantic scene. It’s almost like a meeting of two worlds. For some reason I am drawn to the rock and lily pads on the left (in a good way).

I’ve really been enjoying your Temagami series, and I think this one is my favorite so far. The left to right contrasts, both from sharp to soft and from cool to warm is really appealing.

Congratulations, Kerry. The editors liked it.

Kerry this is also my favorite from yourTemagami series.

I agree with Jeff, both of these contrasts are great. But I also like how your composition and skillful use of negative space further emphasizes the contrasts in the scene. The way you have composed this image makes me want to take a journey down that river into the depths of the fog. To me there is another contrast here too. It’s the serenity of the scene that makes me want to be here for this moment in time, contrasted against the desire to go further down the river and see what lies beyond the fog.,

That’s so nice Kerry, for the many reasons noted above. Normally the empty space in the middle would be a question mark for me, but here it adds to the scene.

@David_Bostock , @Kris_Smith , @Harley_Goldman , @Mark_Muller , @Mario_Cornacchione , @Adhika_Lie , @Alan_Kreyger , @Bonnie_Lampley , @Igor_Doncov , @jefflafrenierre , @Ed_McGuirk - thank you all for taking the time to look and for your very kind words. Much appreciated.
@Chris_Calohan - “The Valley of Seclusion” - absolutely marvellous! Thanks for this, Chris.

1 Like

Beautiful image Kerry! I can’t add anything to what’s already said except to add this would be wonderful as a large print in a prominent spot on a wall.

Thank you, Steve. I appreciate your support.