Teton Moose 2

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This is another image taken from my recent Yellowstone, Grand Teton trip in Fall. This moose clearly had no fear of humans as we walked straight towards at least 10 photographers. He didn’t go around us, we had to move. This is one of two bull moose that were hanging out together in the Tetons. They didn’t appear to be fighting in the rut but just hanging out. They did stare each other down but nothing came of it and they both walked off in the same direction. This was shot about 5 minutes before the sun went down.

Specific Feedback

Please let me know if there are any issues that didn’t notice or if there is a way to make this better. Thanks for taking a look.

Technical Details

Z9, 800mm lens, ISO 1600, 1/500, F/6.3, hand held, manual exposure

2 Likes

A nice moose portrait. I’m glad that he was well behaved and provided some ideal shots. I like the lighting and everything is exposed perfectly. The OOF grass in the FG gives additional depth to the image. Well done…Jim

1 Like

A very nice portrait. Really well exposed and the bokeh is really nice. I think there is a bit of a blue cast in the fur that you could remove with a -20 on the blue sat and -25 in the cyan sat in CC.

1 Like

I’ll try that, Dvir. Thanks for the comment and suggestion.

Beautiful portrait and I just love the details, especially in the shadows!
I may darken the foreground grasses a touch.
Cheers :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

Very well behaved, Jim. Plus, I was shooting with an 800mm lens so I wasn’t as close as it appears but nonetheless, he didn’t pay any attention to the people who were there taking pictures. Glad you like this one.

I’m going to try that Jagdeep. Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll repost tomorrow.

1 Like