Thank you, Harley and Ed

I want to thank @Harley_Goldman and @Ed_McGuirk for the time they have given serving as moderators for NPN in the Landscape forum. Harley has been giving his time long before I was even around and Ed graciously took on the role well over a year ago. They are both invaluable members and I deeply appreciate what they have both done for the community.

I’m saddened to announce that they will both be stepping down from their moderator roles by their choice. We had some differing opinions which is perfectly okay, there are no hard feelings. I will not be getting into the details here, I just want them to both know how much I appreciate their dedication over the years and I hope you will show your appreciation as well for all their hard work.

3 Likes

@Harley_Goldman and @Ed_McGuirk, WOW, so sorry to hear you’re stepping away from moderator duties. Both of you have been outstanding with your photography and with your commenting. Given the dearth of comments these days, your commenting will be sorely missed.

6 Likes

I have always found both gentlemen to be kind, gracious, and thoughtful with their comments. Thank you for serving the community.

3 Likes

I for one, am extremely disappointed. Some of my earliest posts received excellent constructive criticism from you, @Ed_McGuirk and I’ve always appreciated @Harley_Goldman’s input. I sincerely hope that you still post and comment and take part in the community you helped to build.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear this. Both Ed and Harley provide great input and their photography is always inspirational. @Harley_Goldman and @Ed_McGuirk, thank you for your moderation all these years. I hope you aren’t totally leaving us. Your input will always be welcome.

3 Likes

Say what?..very sad update here to say the lest. @Harley_Goldman @Ed_McGuirk two outstanding photographers and moderators too. I’ve known Harley clear back to the days of the CANP group a.k.a. California NPN group at the original NPN start up site. As my old age has taken it’s toll I think that was 2006 when the entire CANP had it’s first meet up in the eastern sierras. This photo was 2008 as I recall

5 Likes

Very sorry to hear… I for one have grown from both your inputs. Hope you both still contribute.

2 Likes

This is disappointing news. (@Harley_Goldman & @Ed_McGuirk ) Both Harley and Ed constantly demonstrated their deep love of the art of photography both in the photographs they shared but even more importantly in their generosity of spirit. To Ed, in particular, I want to express my deepest appreciation for your careful, considered and often very detailed feedback. It has made a difference. You will both be sorely missed in your roles as moderators.

4 Likes

I’m also really saddened by the news. Both @Ed_McGuirk and @Harley_Goldman did a really awesome job and I want to personally thank them for all of the hard work they put it and for all of the great feedback they’ve given me and everyone else here.
I hope people appreciate how much all of our great moderators here on NPN do for the community. It’s hard work and takes a lot of effort and NPN wouldn’t be what it is without them.

2 Likes

I’m so sad to hear this news @Harley_Goldman and @Ed_McGuirk . I’ve been with NPN for a year and am a very new photographer and I have benefitted so much from both of you. I truly appreciate all your feedback and comments and inputs. I also love to see both of your work and everyone’s back and forth comments about it because it has helped me to know what to look for. It’s been like having personal photography tutors! It’s helped me to improve. Thank you, so much! I hope you will still be around…

3 Likes

I was saddened to learn of this as well. Harley’s presence and contributions go way back to the very early days of NPN and while Ed may not have same tenure, his values and contributions are no less.

Thank you to both for your moderator work and contributions to the success of NPN. I know my participation has waned in recent times… but I hope to return to active participation in the near future. And I most certainly hope both Harley and Ed continue to continue to participate and contribute with both their outstanding imagery, as well as their positive contributions with their comments and critiques.

Lon

2 Likes

Hey Paul - I remember well! In fact I was about to call you out for stealing my photo! But then realized quickly that we both have the same image. My image has a couple slight differences… I can recall at least half the names and recall that 4-5 in the pic were Fred Miranda party crashers… but all a good time!

Thanks for re-posting! Hope all is well!

1 Like

Hi Lon, yes it was the Nelly Deli gathering to remember.
There was: you, me, Harley, Preston, Steve S., Youssef, Anil, Jason B. that I recognize. I do also recognize the guy on the left in the sweater but cannot recall his name at all. I think depending upon the time of day he was either a NPN or Fred Miranda dual photog citizen… :clown_face:
Seems like a life time ago now… :cowboy_hat_face:
UPDATE: Harley has informed me that person in the sweater is Jeffrey Sippress.

Thanks Harley and Ed. I appreciated your service and value your input and suggestions. I hope you stick around.

1 Like

@Harley_Goldman , @Ed_McGuirk ,For me a sad day. I have to thank you both. I learned so much from you to make better images. Also for all the time you both took to analyse and give super comments on my images. It gave me much confidence. :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

What a sad day. Both @Ed_McGuirk and @Harley_Goldman have been inspirational with their images, their commenting and critiquing and their devotion to helping everyone in the community. I sincerely hope that they both continue to share images as well as comments here with NPN. If not, they will both be sorely missed and NPN will not be the same anymore.

1 Like

I am so sorry to see Ed and Harley step down as moderators. Both were valuable contributors and assets to the Landscape Moderators Team. Thank you for you helpful critiques and for sharing your wonderful images with us. I hope both Harley and Ed remain part of the NPN family.

3 Likes

@Harley_Goldman and @Ed_McGuirk, sorry to hear that you quit as moderators. Your comments on my own and others images has been very helpful and are very much appreciated. Thank you! Also, your own images has been a great inspiration. Hope that you still will be part of NPN in the future.

@Harley_Goldman and @Ed_McGuirk , thank both of you for sharing your valuable comments, experience and beautiful images here at NPN. You both have made significant contributions to my growth as a photographer.
Ed, your particularly detailed comments and technical instruction have been invaluable to me. More importantly, I appreciate the many enjoyable days we have spent photographing New England together. Your passion for nature and landscape photography is palpable and infectious.

1 Like

@Ed_McGuirk and @Harley_Goldman, thank you both for the time you gave to the community. You will be remembered.
Hope to see you around.