Thanksgiving Sunrise

This was taken early Thanksgiving morning when traffic was very light and I could stand in the middle of the bridge to shoot. The biggest challenge was finding a place to park that was fairly close to the bridge. I tried focus stacking for the first time, but wasn’t happy with the results, so I selected one image from the stack to edit.

Now that I think about it, I guess this isn’t really “nature” photography. Maybe fog and sunrise count :slight_smile:

Specific Feedback Requested

I always love your feedback.

Technical Details

1/60 sec., ISO 1250, f4
Canon EOS R5, Canon 24-105mm

3 Likes

Excellent image. Well composed. I love that early morning, coastal light with a bit of fog. Is this the Newport bridge? If so, the lack of traffic, even if it was Thanksgiving, is remarkable.

Thanks, Jim. This is the St. John’s Bridge over the Willamette River in Portland.

Still surprising re: lack of traffic.

This is a lovely image Chris. I always love fog, and congrats on no traffic! The fog is certainly nature, and I really like the symmetry of the bridge.

Nature photography or not, I like the image a lot. Nice symmetry, glad you survived :wink:

@Han_Schutten @robertakayne Thank you both for your comments.

A great bridge image, that is very much liked by a former bridge structural design engineer!

1 Like

@Ola_Jovall Thanks so much!