The Arch

A wild rainstorm moving past the coast of Faroe Islands, the setting sun pushing a bit of warm color along the horizon. I am still digesting that trip, and am looking forward to reworking this image on my desktop, as I only have my small laptop with me. I hope you enjoy this anyway :slight_smile:

Specific Feedback Requested

Any feedback welcomed. Please keep in m ind this was processed on a small laptop :slight_smile:

Technical Details

10 sec, f 9, 14.5mm, ISO 250, 14-24mm 2.8,

3 Likes

Exceptional color, shape, and form. Good use of leading lines. The water texture and the reflection are outstanding. Great sky!

1 Like

So dramatic! Compositionally, this really holds together well. The angled leading lines of the foreground outcrop + the lines of the water mimic the angle of the archway stack. And then the lines of the clouds explode away from the archway. I could see emphasizing that even more by cropping the bottom up to the point where the foreground rock changes its angle (to eliminate that vertical line at the very bottom).

1 Like

This is very dramatic and moody. I think I can see what @Bonnie_Lampley means, although I’m sure I would not have come up with it myself. I like the color of the water and the sliver of peach/orange on the horizon.

1 Like

Excellent image! I agree with the others, maybe except for the crop proposal. My only additional thought is if there are any post-processing tricks to separate a little bit more the arch from the island behind. With the same thinking you could also delete the small horizontal part of the island that is seen to the left in the hole of the arch so they not connect there.

1 Like

Fitz! I process all of my photos on a small laptop so no worries haha. I think you did a great job here for two reasons.

1. The mood of the photo matches the weather conditions, long exposure, and scene. That’s not easy to do because we sometimes force a mood into the scene but you really stay true to what you saw.
  2. The spacing is key here. The space left between the rock on the left, bottom right and the main rock is equal which makes the composition cohesive. Solid job!
1 Like

Thank you, David

Thank you Bonnie! I tried the crop; both versions work well :slight_smile:

Than you, Karla

Thank you for the feedback, Ola. I will try your suggestion when I get home to my desktop. The small screen on my laptop is a bit challenging for me to work on the finer details :slight_smile:

Thank you, David! It was an amazing sight! :slight_smile: