The bones of the land

Like many here, I am sure, I often cast my view on small scenes even when I’m in the midst of grand glories. On one of my trips to the magnificent south of Nunavut (Iqaluit), I enjoyed many such small images, including this along the edge of a river.

Specific Feedback Requested

any and all

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Minolta, 1/1000, f/5.6, 50mm, ISO100 with adjustments to tone curves in LR

1 Like

Lovely!! The structure of the mud (?) is very interesting and the lighting is gorgeous! I’d consider removing the two very small pieces intruding into the water right at the top edge, but that’s a very small nit.

Yes, some really nice light here John; I like how the ridges sparkle and your choice of a diagonal comp. Reminds me of a similar one I shot of sand ripples at a local beach during low tide. Perhaps a good candidate for B&W conversion?

I meant to comment on this when I first saw it, but got caught up in something else.

This is super. The luminous quality of the light is really wonderful. Maybe a tad bright at the top, but the way it falls across the mud has the potential to elevate this to a mighty nice fine art print. I’d be tempted to clean up some of the bits to emphasize the bold shapes. Reminds me a lot of Giger’s work for Alien.

Thank you all. There were many other amazing photos during my time there too AND I love this lowly one and glad you all enjoyed it too.

What gorgeous light. I’m with Kris that the brightest areas at the URC feel a bit too bright, even though they aren’t blown. Other than that, I have no nits. This is just lovely.