The Bubbles

This is one of my favorite locations at Acadia NP in Maine, Jordan Pond. My primary objective in all landscape compositions is to show depth, so I try to include a foreground that will enhance that. Plus, I love how the crystal clear water shows off the pebble bottom, one of the cleanest bodies of water in Maine.

Specific Feedback Requested

All comments and suggestions are welcome and thanks for viewing.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sony RX10M4, ISO 100, f/11, 1/160, 24mm (in 35mm). I lightened the tree shadows a bit to bring out more detail. Also had a polarizing filter on that day but not sure if it had effect due to my position.

I find it challenging to pull off a bright landscape shot out of the golden hours, so kudos for an inviting sunny image. The blues in the sky are especially attractive. My only thought is I wish the rock in the LLC wasn’t cut off, but I don’t know what lurks to the left :slight_smile:

Thanks @John_Williams , a slight shift of camera or feet would have included all with no damage.

1 Like

I quite like this as a representational image. I would probably not have cut off the large rock on the far left. The light was a bit harsh for you on this one.

Agreed @Igor_Doncov and thanks for your comments.

Real nice view of the Bubbles here, Jim. The light was a little harsh, but I think you pulled it off with the blue sky and those white fluffy clouds. This is a tough location to shoot as the surrounding mountains cut off the sweet light of early morning or later toward sunset. My only suggestion would be to darken the tops of the boulders just a bit as they look a little bright IMO. I haven’t been to Acadia since Covid so I am enjoying this.

Good points @Ed_Lowe and thank you.