The Cape

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This is a long exposure photograph. While I didn’t have an ND filter there was a lot of wildfire smoke this day and it was creating a filter over the setting sun that created some very moody lighting. I wanted the crashing waves and stirring seas below the cliffs I photographed with the intent to give you the feeling I felt standing so high above watching the water.

Specific Feedback

Any feedback or initial reactions welcome!

Technical Details

Sony A7Riv 24-105 f/4 @ f16 and 24mm.

ISO 50

6 second exposure

Hi Shayne, welcome back!

This is a wonderfully composed image and I think you accomplished your goal of having a high up view looking down to the churning waves. Well done. 6 seconds seems to have worked well.

My only minor comment is that the sky and upper right corner area seems a bit bright while the lower left corner seems a bit dark. Those two areas are competing for my attention which I think should be the middle are of the image. A slight tweak to highlights and shadows in those areas would go far to solidify an already wonderful image.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
David