The Catfish

D500, 700mm (500pf w/ 1.4), f8/ 1/3200, iso720

1 Like

This is a very cool action shot. I especially like the face of the catfish. I do think your whites are a little blown out and I did make an attempt to lessen the brilliance of the white plumage.

1 Like

Thanks Dave, whites not blown, but I think something between mine and yours is about right.
The whites can be fully recovered.
I Appreciate the time you took.

Hi Dan
Your Osprey has good size Catfish breakfast going for him. I like the fact both the Osprey and Catfish’s head and eye are sharp along with the wing and tail. The overall exposure shows a nice blue sky and a well detailed Osprey. I think you and David are correct on getting more detail out of the whites.
Peter

Excellent pose and head turn with superb detail, Dan. I agree that something between your version and David’s would suit the under side of the wing best.

Another great flight shot. Good looks at both bird and fish. I like the fact there is some cloudy texture to the sky-for me a more pleasing background than pure blue(though we have no control over that when the bird comes into view.)

Nice shot. It looks like a subtle little head turn and a good look at the catfish as well. Darn whites are so hard to give up detail sometimes. Well done.