The Falls at Woolaroc

Modest in size, this waterfall is located on the Woolaroc Ranch and Museum near Bartlesville, Oklahoma. Established by oilman Frank Phillips (Phillips Petroleum) in 1925, the 3,700 acre retreat continues to be a working ranch, and home to the original Lodge home and a large herd of bison, elk, longhorn cattle, scotch highland cattle and hundreds of deer. Woolaroc museum hosts an outstanding collection of western art and artifacts, Native American material, and one of the finest collections of Colt firearms in the world. Phillips built a mausoleum on the property, where he is interred. The name ‘Woolaroc’ was derived from three words, wood, lakes, and rock.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 60D
Canon 70-300mm IS USM zoom
f/9.5
1/1500 sec.
ISO 640

Processed in ACR and PSE 2020 for exposure and cropping.

1 Like

Sounds like a neat place! I see you managed to walk all the way to the bottom of the falls! Haha, just kidding! It is a pretty image, nice job!

1 Like

Actually, this one was easy. There is a road that crosses the little lake, and I shot the falls from the cab of my pickup truck! :blush: Thanks!

1 Like

Terry, this does look like a very pleasant spot. The pool look very inviting with the falls as a fine accent. I do think that not having the falls centered would create a more dynamic feeling in the viewing.

Thanks, Mark. It’s a beautiful little spot.