The first poppy's in summer light

What technical feedback would you like if any? All is welcome

What artistic feedback would you like if any? All is welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Sony Rx100 pocketcamera, F8, 1/80,

Iso200

I know this is not really a landscape image. But still i am curious at your critiques,
(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

I’m not sure why you think is not really a landscape image. The poppies, while important to the image, are so small in the frame that this image is clearly about the light, and the tree framing the poppies. I like the strong contrast and saturation that you used here, it creates a richness that is consistent with the strong light in this scene. I especially like how you used strong dark areas to call attention to the poppies and sunlit grass. This is a very pleasing image, nicely done…

I think it’s a very nice shot technically, but it serves as a reminder to me about what a grave threat house cats are to the environment when they’re loose like this. I wish it was a squirrel, or raccoon.

I like that tree with the long hanging branches/leaves, and how you used it for framing! Nice light in the background too. Since the title mentions the poppy’s I have a suggestion for another crop. I went for a vertical one, which draws the attention a bit more to the poppy’s. I personally find the contrasts a bit too much for my taste and think the image still works with a little less. In my crop below I bumped the black point a bit, and toned down the lighter parts just some. I changed the greens in the right of the middle a touch towards yellow. Then I cloned out a few bright leaves and a small branch that were getting a bit distracting in my crop :joy:
Maybe this is not at all what you were going for, but I’ll just upload it below

@Ed_McGuirk Thank you , Ed for a nice comment. I am happy with your meaning about the light,dark and contrast. It helps me in my search to good post processing.

@Dave_Douglass I don’t see what you mean. This image was made in my backyard and I saw the cat of the neighbours as a bonus.

@Ron_Jansen. I like your comment and the work you did on my image. And the result of course.
The beauty in photography is perhaps the different in taste and feeling about an image. Thanks.

I think Dave was speculating this cat was on the prowl for birds or other little animals.