The Golden Gate

First time shooting the GG, I met up with a couple buds for sunrise hoping for a burn. Sadly we got skunked but I did really enjoy this Blue Hour shot!

Let me know what you think!

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Jordan,

Always love the beautiful sight of the GG Bridge. I think your chosen vantage point works well. In fact, the inclusion of the greenery gives me the pov impression of an Eagle’s nest; perched high above - a lookout of sorts.

Beautifully captured and processed. I do wish the base of the first tower was unobstructed - but then the pullouts and options along that road are limited.

Thanks for sharing.

Lon

ps. Not sure if you intended to post this in the Non-nature critique gallery given the bridge is the primary subject and you also posted the two images here. Not my call and not to worry since I can still enjoy the work. You should be able to edit and change the category.

This came out pretty well. I lived in the area for 30 years so I feel that I can offer some advice:

1. this shot works much better at near sunset because the sun’s rays hit the bridge and turn it to a bright glow.

2. Do you see where that group of people are standing real far away? That’s the prime area to shoot from. You can work your way down the ridge a bit to get away from the viewers. From there you can use a variety of lenses to emphasize the full bridge or parts of it.

I like your usage of the fg pine branches. That splash of green adds interest.

Lovely image, Jordan. I really love the complimentary colors of bridge, landscape, and sky. Additionally you’ve captured warm and cool light in the same image. That’s a powerful combination.

If I may say, though, that sky doesn’t rise to the level of the landscape or bridge elements. It just needs something to help it balance the remaining 2/3 of the image. A vignette, gradient, or something more inventive.

Also, having viewed this image only on my phone so far I would argue that this image is best viewed large. The small screen doesn’t do it justice.