Golden Gate Bridge - Rush Hour Traffic

There are lots of images of San Francisco’s Golden Gate Bridge, and rightly so. But this one is MINE! I Have been wanting to photograph this scene for a long time, I had my opportunity Friday night. Sunset was at 4:51 p.m., I made this image at 5:17 p.m. I loved the red glow on the bridge and the “blue hour” background; showing only a section of the bridge instead of full length appealed to me…of course I have different comps from this location.

24-70 @ 58mm, f16 @ 30"

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

All the nice sunstars… skyline, crisp and lively… Captured the essence.

Great light and color. This works really well, Reno.

Gorgeous light, Reno. I really like your composition.

Wonderful interpretation of an icon. I like the trails of car headlights and the glow off the bridge.

This is indeed a special time to shoot the city and it passes so quickly. Nice image. I think I know where this was shot from and I’m surprised you were able to do it at 58mm.

The light and composition are so good, I’m tempted to call it luxurious. What a great capture!

Igor, this was taken from the first turnout up the grade from Highway 1, north end of the bridge; it’s the closest one can get to the bridge from the numerous turnout viewpoints further up the road.

Thank you all for taking the time to comment, it is appreciated. Also, thank you for the Editor’s Pick.

Excellent Reno! I’ve always loved the color combo of this view and time of day. Can’t beat the view or the images!

Lon

I like this blue-hour take on this icon. The color left in the sky works great with the color emerging from the lighted bridge.