The Golden Tree of Eldamar

Not quite sure if this fits the WC since there are technically speaking more than one tree, but only one shows up prominently here. So, I hope that it still fits the spirit of the theme. As always all feedback is appreciated.

This image is also part of the Tolkien series I have been working on this past few years. This is my interpretation of the song Galadriel sang in the Fellowship (Book II, Ch. VIII, “Farewell to Lórien”)

"I sang of leaves,
of leaves of gold,
and leaves of gold there grew.

Of wind I sang,
a wind there came,
and in the branches blew.

Beyond the Sun,
beyond the Moon,
the foam was on the Sea,
and by the strand of Ilmarin
there grew a golden Tree.

Beneath the stars of Ever-eve in Eldamar it shone,
in Eldamar beside the walls of Elven Tirion.
There long the golden leaves have grown upon the branching years,
while here beyond the Sundering Seas now fall the Elven-tears."

D500, 300mm, f/4, ISO 450, 1/400sec.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

@adhikalie

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Adhika, I’m pretty easygoing with respect to interpreting the theme, so this view with it’s emphasis on the big Aspen is fine. I like the mix of colors and how the light is setting off the golden leaves.

1 Like

Adhika, a single tree is the theme and this fits just fine. The array of red ground foliage or cover is a plus as a bit of a base display too.
I might play around with some color balance or channel mixing I think there is some stronger color potential there possibly…:+1:

1 Like

Thanks, @Mark_Seaver and @Paul_Breitkreuz! I’ve got to try that color balance thing, admittedly I don’t really use that adjustment layer that much but you are right it might be able to give me something more here.

Adhika: A fine tribute to the tree and the literature. Nice find and a fine capture.>=))>