The Magic Kingdom

What makes this image expressive?

For me, the quality of light and the atmosphere came together to lay a veil of mystery over the landscape. Processing was minimal, both in the raw conversion and in PS.

Specific Feedback Requested

All comments welcome!

3 Likes

Lovely, delightful pastels.

This is a wonderful image and your name suits it. Perfect for a pano. I love the soft colors and oh, all those peaks. The quality of depth between the peaks really makes this photo very dynamic . The colors blend so well together. It must have been amazing to be standing above this view. I can just sit here and keep taking it all in myself. There’s so much depth that I feel I’m there watching it happen. Great job!!! Hang this one.

This is killer light. You have to see this one blown up to really appreciate the light. I’m really loving the pastels you’ve captured here. I might tone dodge that dark ridge running through the frame. I think this image is about soft and dreamy and that one ridge really sticks out. Superb capture.

The soft mist and the hard, sharp ridge lines contrast wonderfully. And that horizon!

Humans are pretty predictable in their responses. Atmosphere seems to be one trigger that really gets our juices flowing. The combination of warm tones, delicate contrasts, gentle flowing lines and the fog, all come together to sooth the soul.

I am glad you processed this with a delicate touch, otherwise you would have done nothing but demonstrate a complete lack of awareness of what the scene is. Conversely, you’ve been gentle and clearly listened to what the scene was saying.

As I have written a few times now; the theme was to express how the image felt to you, and all I have to work on is “A veil of mystery.”

There is the title for the essay you should write for yourself. A Veil of Mystery…

I am sure that will be an amazing insight to you and your relationship with both mystery and veils…

Beautiful image.

Gorgeous image Diane! It must have been an amazing experience to be there. I agree with @David_Haynes regarding the ridge. Great comp.