Like a fairy-tale

I myself like this image for the soft colors, the composition, the mood in the scene

What technical feedback would you like if any?All feedback is welcome because I am not at all sure. I have done everything I know about PP.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?All feedback is welcome.

Pertinent technical details or techniques: F8, 1/60, iso200 70-200 at 70mm

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Very ethereal, beautiful scene Ben. Composition and dappled light are wonderful. I only have one suggestion, to lighten or reduce the saturation of the greens in the bottom left which is just be a personal preference.

Lovely scene, Ben. I really enjoy the greens and blues and especially the reflections, I like it as prsentes, but cropping a rush off the top gives it more energy—IF that suits your vision.
ML

Wow Ben - a Fairy-tale look for sure - Story-book watercolor… this is wonderful. The fog of course makes this, obscuring not only the buildings and background, but also the levy, dike or whatever is gated there - it looks like the gate is closed off to no where… great mystery and enchantment there. I can agree with Eva’s suggestions about the greens (yellow/greens) - backing them off the be in line a little bit more towards the pastel of things.

Now, not sure if this is intentional, or the obscuring fog, but the pixel/resolution sure seems like it’s suffering… but mind you in a very positive way. It’s that soft resolution that is creating that painterly and fairy-tale look. I’d be very curious to learn more on the development of this image - OR not - why ruin such an artsy presentation?

Lon

This has a lovely mood Ben, that fog creates a very dreamy feeling. The composition is very dynamic with the strong diagonal lines. I like the combination of blues and greens here, though I agree with @Eva_McDermott comment about the LLC.

I think you could tweak this to place more visual interest on the church steeple by either slightly darkening the sky, or by adding some vignetting in the ULC and URC. Doing this in conjunction with a slight crop from the top would more strongly draw attention to the steeple.

But overall this is a very pleasing image, well done !!!