The Mountains of Kananaskis

Description:

This is my favourite image that I shot in 2021. I didn’t shoot too many still images this year because I am still mainly working on a time-lapse film project however, I plan on turning more to ‘traditional’ photography in the year ahead.

Specific Feedback Requested:

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Is this a composite? (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
  1. List item
7 Likes

Great hazy fade and stack of ridges. I could also see going pano and eliminating the foreground trees, making it a bit more abstract. A different take. I can see why you like this one, good stuff.

2 Likes

Awesome layering here with the ridge lines and the pastels colors are quite lovely, Tom. I can see why this would be your favorite of the year! I really have no suggestions as I find this very striking.

1 Like

Great image. Lovely composition and colors.

1 Like

Very beautiful image, Tom. Love the contrasting colors and all the mountain shapes going off in the distance! It would make a cool abstract too, as suggested by @Harley_Goldman

1 Like

I love atmospheric images like this. This is especially nice because of the different shapes as it recedes. The complementary colors also make it special.

1 Like

Thank you everyone for your comments! They’re much appreciated.

Tom, the layering and color shift are spectacular. Easy to see why this is a favorite.

1 Like

Simply gorgeous! A wonderful composition and I love the graphic look!

1 Like