Upper Kananaskis Lake

This is the Upper Kananaskis Lake in Peter Lougheed Provincial Park, Alberta, Canada. I love the Kananaskis region and spend much of my free time there. This image was taken a few years back in the month of November. I like the fact that there was snow on the mountains but that the lake had not frozen over yet.

Canon 5DII, 8 stitched vertical images from the Canon 90mm f/2.8 TS-E lens

2 Likes

A beautiful winter scene, Tom! Love the light on the mountains and the reflected color in the water. Nice job of managing the extreme contrast that this type of scene creates. It’s really nice to be able to see these type of panoramic scenes at a size the allows you to appreciate the presence they can provide. This one puts you right there with lots to look at!

1 Like

Tom, that some fine, dramatic spot lighting spread very nicely across the frame. I like the emphasis on the reflections in the center and on the left. An outstanding view.

1 Like

Tom, the clouds really play a big part in providing the drama to this winter scene here. It surely provides the start of winter look for this location and does look plenty cold out there. The stitching appears flawless and the number of takes adds excellent detail throughout…:sunglasses:

1 Like

Just absolutely breathtakingly gorgeous, Tom!

1 Like

Beautiful - well-composed, exceptional lighting, and great colours and fog.
Sandy

1 Like