The next Lilium leichtlinii

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

A week after the first one bloomed now there are several. Same plant. This flower had been out a little longer so the petals are more recurved.

Specific Feedback

All comments welcome!

Technical Details

Screen Shot 2023-08-04 at 5.53.40 AM

Diffusion screen, as the sun had just broken through morning fog. Focus stack. Little done in LR, a little BG simplification in PS.

1 Like

It looks great when the petals are more recurved like this - lovely soft paler greens this time and two buds! You’ve outdone yourself, Diane. I’d like to get a butterfly on our species, as it has nodules with nectar near the base of each petal. Great shot!

The gift that keeps on giving for sure. Glad you’ve found more to work with. The angle and the very long stamens give this the look of a landing alien spacecraft. Or maybe a triffid? Nah, triffids would never look so beautiful.

Thanks, @Mike_Friel and @Kris_Smith! I haven’t seen butterflies there except a lone skipper on a dirt trail. I had good luck with an unintentional snipe hunt – maybe I should keep an eye out for triffids.

Lovely image of the lily, Diane. As others have said, the strongly recurved petals really make this one work.