The Pajamaed Snow Gum

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This Snow Gum, its trunk draped in nature’s nightwear, ready to collapse into the welcoming arms of the grassy floor.

Specific Feedback

Any feedback is good feedback

Technical Details

16 mm at ISO 100 and 1⁄250sec at ƒ/8

1 Like

Don , A fine composition of the tree and the sky. While by most the sky is not wanted.

1 Like

This is quite beautiful and well done in my opinion. The linear quality of the stripes on the trunk and its branches further on is the main attraction for me. But I also appreciate the counterpoint that the upright distant tree on the left provides. I don’t see the sky as an issue because the fg tree dominates so strongly. There is a nice flow to this image. I see it more as a reclining beauty than an intense subject. Actually, it’s both. I like those white dots in the lower darkness. Hmmm, maybe it would look better without them, more surreal (we use that word too much).

1 Like

Thanks Ben! I tend not to worry about the ‘most’, we owe it to our work. :+1:

Thanks Igor, glad you like it. Its always a push and pull for me removing elements from an image. While I am sure it might be better without them I feel the tree is strong enough for them not to be a distraction, I feel I am able to leave the authenticity of the image intact. Thanks again for your feedback, its always welcome.