The Pear & repost

Slight crop based on suggestions…

This is a little farm around the corner from me and some of their fruit is starting to grow. I liked the colors everywhere.

Specific Feedback Requested

Does the composition work? Anything else

Technical Details

ISO 200, 300mm, f/8, 1/200

1 Like

aww, it’s a cute little pearlet. The negative space is a little odd here for some reason…can’t put my finger on it, so it might just be me. A few other leaves framing the fruit might have been better, but you would have had to cut a branch and glue it back on there so take what the world gives you, right? I’ve never shot in a pear orchard, but I liked doing this with apple trees. The colors are so creamy and rich.

1 Like

Hi Vanessa,

Try a vertical crop and leave that nice space at the bottom. There’s enough diagonal orientation to keep the eye interested in the scene. I like the soft lighting which brings out the 3D features of the pear…Jim

1 Like

Lovely shades of green with just enough red tossed in for contrast. I’m in agreement that the negative space overwhelms a tad. I’d play with a horizontal 8x10 crop too.

1 Like

Vanessa, I love the simplicity of this image…all greens and lovely in focus pear. Well done.

1 Like

Thanks @Kris_Smith @Jim_Zablotny @John_Williams @David_Bostock for all your great comments and feedback. Yeah, I was having a hard time with the angle and trying to get a green rather than a white background. So I did a slight crop, not sure if it helps or not…

My vote is the crop; the balance feels better to my eye. :+1::+1:

1 Like