The play of green light

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I’m often lost in the reflections in water, in part because it is possible with a camera to see images— frozen in time—my eyes alone are unable to see. I now know enough about what might happen when I click the shutter to find the magic that is so often there. This image, and the contrast with the wet rock reflecting blue sky, and the equally fine contrast between the unmoving hemlock leaves and the water, this image is one that just takes me to a very special place in my soul.

Specific Feedback

any and all

Technical Details

Sony @6000, 1/320, f/6.3, 210mm, ISO12800 with a fair bit of tone processing in LR to deal with the fact that my ISO button was mistakenly set so high!

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:

Very interesting image!
I like the colours and that leaf that off-sets the rest of the image.
From here, the colours seem perhaps over-saturated and might be a bit less bright and glaring. glaring.
This might also be better in the abstact category, since it’s not all green.
Well seen and captured !

Thanks, Sandy. I appreciate your thoughts about saturation. I’m always careful to adjust them as honestly as my memory allows but understand that is not always to the same delight for others. And, yes, definitely an abstract no matter what the colors.

John: Terrific abstract. What I like about these kind of images is that they are 100% unique and can never be repeated. Great capture of the moment. >=))>

Thanks, Bill. I agree 100%. The biggest problem is deciding which one(s) to keep!

I definitely like the kaleidoscope of color in the greens. I had to look a bit at the big image to see what was going on, which I think is a good thing. It’s very intriguing.

Thanks, @karlag . I’ve had great fun with similar images breaking it into sections, printing each and then hanging them as a huge and wild abstract.

1 Like