In the Green

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I was in the midst of photographing the grandeur of the Canadian Rockies in BC - it was quite overwhelming. When I looked down and saw this sweet scene of green, it helped me take a deep breath and relax.

Specific Feedback

Is it too chaotic? More dodging & burning? The histogram shows there’s no pixels on the right, but I kind of like it a little dark like this?

Technical Details

ISO 400 f 7.1 64mm 1/60
Sony AR 7III w/ 24-150 lens
no tripod

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:

Very pretty! I love the different greens, and the comp - not cutting edges of leaves off. The progression of leaves in the center plant leads the eye nicely back to the ferns. I think it is just the right balance of light/dark.
Well seen and captured.

Thank you Sandy!

Your image catch my eyes first because of the shape of fern leaves. By opening it, I like how you play with the deep of field. The different green and the position of the growing fern on the top bring a lot to the pleasing atmosphere of the scene. :clap:

1 Like

Connie, you’ve caught a great mix of green tones as well as multiple shapes. Those two make the viewing nicely relaxing and enjoyable.

Pleasing atmosphere! I like that…thanks Arnaud

Thanks Mark. It’s what it doe for me too.

Connie: I like the mix of shades, shapes and textures. The Canadian Rockies are one of my favorite places on the planet so kudos to you for looking down as well as up! Well done. >=))>