The Shake

This moose put on quite a show for me. I was looking to capture the shake they usually do after coming up from grabbing some vegetation at the bottom of the pond so I was set at 1/1000 and waited.

I wanted to show enough of the environment to see not only the water droplets but the disturbance in the water too. How did I do ?

Comments and critiques please

Specific Feedback Requested

Composition work ?

I think the detail of the moose and water droplets are clear enough.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D500 Nikon 200-500. ISO 1000 F5.6 1/1000

1 Like

Andrew, the composition, at least for me, show his (her?) environment very nicely. The detail you have gotten in the droplets and the water are terrific and add energy to photo. Very nicely seen and captured.

Andrew! This is awesome! First to actually see a Moose! And then to be able to watch it long enough to get this remarkable photo! The details and composition and all the colors are great! I wouldn’t change a thing!

Looks really good to me, Andrew. Mission accomplished.

Hi Andrew!
It was a cool moment indeed !
You happened to mention two things:
“I was looking to capture the shake they usually do after coming up from grabbing some vegetation at the bottom of the pond”
“I wanted to show enough of the environment to see not only the water droplets but the disturbance in the water too”
I somehow believe that you had a choice here, if you wanted to capture the shake & water droplets, then you need to get close and if you wanted to capture the environment, then it is fine.

I agree with Jagdeep. I’d go for the shake and crop 15% off the left. You’d still have the environment plus enough disturbance to go with the shake details. I think in this case centering our moose would work. It’s still a great catch and it tells a story too.