The undergrowth in October

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

The Infernaccio is a gorge in the mountain range in the middle of Italy called Sibillini. Infernaccio means bad devil probably because the gorge is very narrow with slippery rocks, covered by the water of a small stream. In some points the rock walls exude water like rain. It’s not easy to cross. Where the gorge ends a beech forest begins of which this three years old image shows some undergrowth in autumn.

Specific Feedback

Your opinions about sharpness, light and colors are important for me.

Technical Details

D850, Nikkor 24-70mm at 38mm - f/11, 1/13, ISO 320

3 Likes

Giuseppe, WoW. A place to be, like in a fairytale And so well made in colors and composition. I almost forgot to mention that wonderful light.

I love the light and composition Giuseppe.

Hi Giuseppe, bella bellissima foto. At the first look I thought it was a painting of the XVIII or XIX century. About sharpness: I think is very good for the mood of the picture. In my opinion, the light is well-balanced: quiet scenery, soft light. I think is a very good photo.

A well composed scene, Giuseppe. I think the light and sharpening are just fine.

Wow. This is magical Giuseppe; straight out of a fairy tale. I love the lighter leaves in the BG as they draw me into the lush forest. The big tree trunk along the left side bothers me a little as it clashes with all the delicate curves of the other trees; at least to me. I hope you do not mind, but here is a rework with it cropped off. Just my opinion of course. The light in this lovely woodland scene reminds me of the excellent work of @Ben_van_der_Sande.

1 Like

This has that Romantic look that there is a spirituality in the woods that’s beyond our human world. I like this outlook on the natural world. It’s idealistic in a way. I like the image as it is for now.

1 Like

Thanks @Ben_van_der_Sande @Eva_McDermott @xavier @Michael_Lowe @Ed_Lowe @Igor_Doncov for your comments and appreciations which I enjoyed very much.
@Ed_Lowe I live your version simpler and cleaner. I tried an intermediate solution but surly is not as clean as yours. I have seen the photo of @Ben_van_der_Sande that you mentioned, it’s splendid and surely deserved the Editor’s -pick.

What a beautiful glow of green and yellow you captured Giuseppe. With that heavy foliage one would almost expect a dark, shadowed image, but this has a lovely glow.

I like the crops, but in the end I prefer your original.